Monday, July 31, 2006

On the Road Again, or In the Air Tonight or North to Alaska



I left Tampa today. I am enroute to Cordova, Alaska. First, an airline flight to Providence, RI. Good old Southwest. I have no choice when I travel for business, but I never signed up for the frequent flyer program for Southwest because, I wouldn't use them for a flight on my own time even if it were free. Airline travel in general has gotten noticably worse over the past year or so and Southwest is one of my least favorite airlines. AirTran ranks even lower. I have to say though that lately Southwest has been getting me North early almost every trip, but I've been delayed coming back home almost as often. Anyway, I'm on my way. I'm off to Hyannis, MA on Cape Cod. I am picking up our Twin Otter that was up here on another project, and we are flying to Alaska by way of Seattle. It should be a great trip, my first true cross country. I've flown from Cape Cod to Boulder and from Astoria to Boulder, but never coast to coast in one trip. It will take us about two days to get to Seattle, if weather is cooperative. The Otter is a great plane, but speed is not it's strong suit. That's ok, if the weather is clear there's some great scenery awaiting us. I am really looking forward to the trip from Seattle up to Alaska though, coastal flying along the Inside Passage if it's clear. I can't wait. Photos will be forthcoming. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares