Sunday, June 25, 2006

Just a thought.

Ok, in the past year I have spent quite a bit of time in quite a few places, and was thinking that while you have your Fodor's and Cityguides, sometimes you might want just a bit of information with less gloss. I am no connisseur by any means. I don't really drink wine, beer is my choice. I don't dig food that is, well, as the Trib described Seminole Heights yesterday chi-chi, frou-frou, or hotsy-totsy. I sometimes find myself in places that are both on and off the beaten path. I thought, if someone somewhere happens across this blog on their way to someplace I've been, that maybe they might be able to use some recommendations about places to try or perhaps avoid. Sometimes the latter is even more important. I will only describe my own experiences, and occasionally mention something from someone whose judgement is unbiased, and try not to make any assumptions from only a single experience. Having said all that, I am still only human, so bear with me if I opine occasionally outside of those ground rules. Hence, in future posts, where appropriate, I will also try to include blurbs about restaurants, bars, lodging or perhaps some non-standard attractions in these places I visit. The one advantage of my schedule is that I often stay somewhere long enough to be something more than a tourist but not quite a local. So sometimes I get to experience the good the bad and the ugly. Hopefully not at the same establishment. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares