Tuesday, November 21, 2006

America just might have a concience after all

Not my usual post, but I felt I must comment after I read about the retraction of OJ's book and interview. Like many, I have over the past several years, have begun to wonder just how low the public would stoop for a cheap thrill. At least this event shows the bar was set somewhere, for the time being at least. Whether he did it or didn't do it, this was nothing more than an attempt at profiteering from a tragedy that struck two families. We as a society have become just too wrapped up in the voyeurism to really see ourselves. Like staring at the sun blots out what is right in front of you, this over stimulation of our moral indignation has blurred our own immorality. I hope that this just might be a step in reversing the course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first, I thought that it shouldn't have been allowed to be printed at all, but quickly realized that would be an infringement on his freedom of speech.

Still, the extent to which we push the 1st Amendment sometimes borders on crass and lack of integrity. I was really glad to see they pulled his TV show also.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares