Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cappy's flying high.

Finally made it back home from Alaska earlier this week. While I was gone I had read on the Seminole Heights Blog that Cappy's made it's grand opening. Last night my fiance and I finally had the opportunity to try it out. I have had pizza from most parts of the country, with quality ranging from a flavor orgy in your mouth, to inedible cardboard. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a pizza expert, but my tastebuds are well travelled in the pizza territories. Cappy's turned out to be one of the best pizza's I've had. Not quite the experience of a slice from a NY joint, but not far off. I will say that for total flavor, I personally prefer Stephanno's a few blocks north of Cappy's. But, if I want to go out for pizza Cappy's will be my destination. If we want to bring one home to eat during the game or a DVD, Stephanno's will get my business. The atmosphere at Cappy's was great, except it was a bit on the warm side when we were there. The service was impeccable. The pizza was hot, great pepperoni, and plenty of cheese. In many places I have had to order extra cheese to get enough for my liking, but Cappy's has the right amount on the standard pie. My fiance and I agreed though, that Cappy's crust on the NY Style has Stephanno's beat hands down. I'm not much of a crust consumer so I give more weight to the toppings/sauce. It's nice to have a cool sitdown pizza joint in Seminole Heights that serves beer. If you haven't yet I recommend you give them a try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Otter-guy. I have had a few more years than you to sample pizza all over the universe, and have a favorite, hands-down. I will have to try your pizza parlor (are they still called parlors?) next time I am in Tampa. The best is Impellizerri's in Louisville, KY. No need to get extra cheese, because it would be impossible for Tony to add anything else to his pizzas. When it goes into the oven, it is over 3 inches tall!! I am a big guy, and I can only eat half a small pizza before I am too stuffed to talk. (I can eat a 16" Papa Johns by myself). You remember the pizza-eating contest on St. Petersburg Beach? 1 and 1/2 large pizzas in less than 15 minutes. I will never do that again.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares