Monday, August 14, 2006

Room with a view.


Welcome to Cordova, AK. It's a small fishing village on Orca Inlet near Prince William Sound(Think Exxon Valdez). The town isn't on the road system, and they like it that way. You can get here by plane or by ferry. Alaska Airlines has scheduled service into the airport outside of town and many small floatplanes offer charter service to and from here as well. It's primary industry is fishing and from what I can tell sportsman coming to and from the many lodges in Southeast Alaska. My room at the Reluctant Fisherman has a great view of the harbor. The salmon are running, and I heard they are catching Silvers now, I might have to spring for some gear and try my luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I'm landlocked down here, stuck in flat Florida and I really appreciate these photos and the story behind them. Keep 'em coming!

5:38 PM  
Blogger IFly said...

You betcha, have some glacier pics from a couple of really nice days up here before the rain moved in for the last week. Coming soon.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares