Thursday, July 19, 2007

There's no place like home(particularly with the lightning, humidity and bad drivers)

After clicking together my ruby slippers(well, my hiking boots which for a brief time were stained with pink paint, so I guess that counts) I finally have made it back home. I stepped out of TPA right into this soup that those of us around here call air. I do have to give kudos to Frontier Airlines, my new favorite budget carrier. The little TVs are awesome, the seats quite comfy, and we were, gate to gate, right on time with no hassles at all. Suck it Southwest. We flew our plane from Alaska to Boulder. Many shades of summer, it was nice and moderate in Anchorage, and Juneau. Then it just started getting warmer from Seattle to oven-like Boise and Boulder(104 and 98 respectively, but it's a dry heat(that makes the turkey feel better too I'm sure)), to the swampiness of good old Tampa Bay. One thing that struck me my first days back were just how aggressive the drivers are here. I guess being immersed in it here and in New England I was just conditioned, but getting away from it made me all the more aware at just how bad it's gotten around here. Oh and while I was gone, we had a lightning strike, toasting various electronic components throughout the house, thanks Fios(the only thing thats not on a surge protector, but directly connected to many of our gadgets). It's great to be home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares