Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunrise in Baja.


After a few days in southern California we crossed the border yesterday. My first trip to Mexico ever. What an adventure it's going to be. Like many, I had two years of Spanish in high school. I haven't used it since really. That's all changing rapidly. Luckily, several members of our expedition are bilingual, and the people here are so very friendly that communication, while difficult, is quite doable. I plan on picking up the basics in very short order. This place is beautiful, a real undiscovered gem. The weather is warm, but not oppressive. Again, the people are wonderful, very charming and friendly. The food is indescribably delicious. Tacos de pescado, enchiladas de pollo, and quesadillas are what I've sampled so far. Better than any I've had in the States.

I managed to get a picture of a couple of Sperm Whales, but the sun angle was unfavorable and I'm still learning this new camera, so it isn't great.



Here's just a couple of shots to show the landscape of Baja.

2 Comments:

Blogger direkishore said...

wah! beautiful pictures.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I can't wait to see the rest of the photos from this trip!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares